Monday, March 12, 2007

Wallace


Wallace is a wonderful man who has lived a full and rich life “full of years”. I hoped to get a photograph of Wallace that conveyed those life experiences as well as his vitality.

As is often the case, I had a mental image of the photo I wanted but ended up with a better one. My plan was to get a photo of Wallace in his workshop but lit only by window light. My son was stationed outside the window with a reflector. Even so, Wallace was concerned about the dim light in his workshop and asked if he could light up his torch. At that point, I knew something good was about to happen.

I wish I had been able to back up just a little bit more so as to include more of the American flag (top left) of which Wallace is so proud. This photo never fails to get compliments – not so much for the image as for the man, the craftsmanship and the generation it represents.

Canon EOS 7 fitted with Canon 85mm f1.8 lens at about f2.8 using Kodak T400CN chromogenic film. Negative scanned with Canon FS4000.

No comments: