Saturday, April 9, 2011

PAW 14

GSB and computers

When I first began my Picture a Week project, one of my ideas was that the picture would tell a story, be complete in itself, etc.  I did not intend to fully document the details of the picture, equipment or technique.  Of course, I can hardly help doing just that!

From time to time I like to take on the challenge of making a self portrait and this week’s PAW is my latest effort.  It represents quite a bit of effort.  First, I wanted a self portrait that showed me doing something and not just a head shot.  So, what do I do?  You see me at one of my major activities.  I decided to use the computer screens as the light source; this both to provide a different look and also to minimize my cleanup efforts.  A piece of black art board was placed behind the laptop to further hide my junk.  My Canon 7D with 15-85mm lens was placed on a tripod to be triggered by the Yongnuo RF-602 wireless remote.  A little rearranging, a few trial shots to set exposure and the rest was up to the model. 

No comments: