Sunday, May 13, 2012

G1X: Rainy Day

OS Rain

Although hoping for a beautiful sunset, water and beach scene, I was determined to take a picture of something and this was the best I could do.  Actually, I like it and have added it to my G1X collection at Smugmug.

This picture was taken at ISO 200, 1/15 second and f4.5 at a mid-zoom focal length.  The G1X was in manual focus mode at minimum focus distance – roughly 15 inches or so.  Although I could have elected to increase the ISO setting, I decided instead to brace the camera against the car seat and accept the 1/15 second shutter speed.

2 comments:

Raven Weaver said...

Hello Gordon,
As I probably won't use video, would you recommend the G9 or the G12 for general ease of use (novice) and wide angle? Thanks for your assistance and helpful blogs. Lisa

Gordon Buck Jr. said...

I recommend the G12 over the G9. I have both and rarely used the G9 after getting the G12.