Thursday, August 9, 2007

PopPhoto Shootout 2007: Summary and Links

I enjoyed participating in PopPhoto’s 2007 Shootout and learned a lot in the process. Here are the links to my blog entries for the various phases of the contest.

PopPhoto Winner (not me!)
The contest and qualifying
1st assignment: your first name
2nd assignment: portait including rock, paper, scissors
3rd assignment: documentary (my documentary)

In PopPhoto’s forums, I made recommendations for next year’s contest, including

- organize results of assignments alphabetically by photographer
- give a little more advance notice for documentary assignments
- require a short descriptive paragraph of the documentary
- publish the winning documentary
- allow batch uploading of images
- keep images together in the gallery.

Wait ‘til next year!

No comments: