Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Return to the Great Reify and Redact Project

Having completed the PopPhoto 2007 Shootout, it is time to complete the Reify and Redact Project. Here are two more pictures for my portfolio.

On my birthday a few years ago, these pelicans put on a great show and I was in the right place with the right equipment. The evening sun was low and the marsh grass was glowing. This was a case of “F8 and be there” and I was there. My wife calls this picture “Happy Birthday”.

Not so happy, but quite beautiful in its own way, this pier, damaged by Hurrican Katrina, was glowing in the early morning light. I bracketed several exposures and was rewarded with a very nice photo. About a year later, I realized that those bracketed exposures could be combined to make a High Dynamic Range image. I like the HDR version even more than the original.

No comments: