Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gustav – Day Seven

.
This morning in church, by a show of hands, roughly a third of the congregation was without electric power at their house. The newspaper report is that, by the end of the day, power will have been restored to half of Baton Rouge.

Some traffic signals are operating; others are not. People are driving very carefully.

This evening, my son noticed that our cable service, including Internet, had come back to life.

I took a few pictures, but not very many, during Gustav and will post some during the next few days. With no power and a heavy overcast sky, I used higher ISO than normal with my G9. Although many gripe about G9 noise at high ISO, it is actually very useable at ISO 400 and even 800 with a little post processing. My judgment was that available dim light and high ISO was more representative of the situation than if flash had been used.

We now resume our normal programming …
.

No comments: